Martindale Center - or let
Google search for calculators or tables encompassing the property you are looking for. Navigate the pages found by your browsers search-tool: CTRL-B in Explorer, CTRL-F in Netscape, Mozilla a.o.
Estimation of Physical Properties - from Ullmann's Encyclopedia of Industrial Chemistry
Thermochemical data (Enthalpy, Heat Capacity a.o.)
- Thermochemical data for more than 7000 organic and small inorganic compounds: enthalpy, heat capacity, entropy, faseovergange, vapor pressure etc.
- Thermophysical properties for 34 liquids: density, heat capacity, thermal expansion, viscosity, surface tension a.o.
Spectroscopic Information (UV, VIS, IR, NMR, MS a.o)
- Thousands of IR, 1H-NMR, 13C-NMR, MS, and ESR spectra. (National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), Japan)
- IR spectra for over 16,000 compounds; mass spectra for over 15,000 compounds; UV/Vis spectra for over 1600 compounds; electronic and vibrational spectra for over 4500 compounds; constants of diatomic molecules (spectroscopic data) for over 600 compounds
ChemExper - Contains 60000+ compounds together with their physical properties such as boiling point, melting point, IR spectrum (5000+), MSDS (12000+), supplier information, 2D and 3D structures.
Materials Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)
Vermont SIRI MSDS's and Toxicology Reports - the most comprehensive collection of free MSDS, International Chemical Safety Cards a.o. - important collections of factual data. Avoid searching for "manufacturer" and look instead for compound names (or name fragments) - there may be many answers from different manufacturers, prefer Sigma-Aldrich if available
ChemFinder - a portal to a large number of non-profit chemical databases. Search for compound name or CAS Registry number - the answer will be:
- Common name and most important synonyms, incl. CAS Reg. No.
- Basic physical data: Freezing-, melting, boiling point; Density; Refractive Index; Vapor density and -pressure, Flash point, Water solubility a.o.
- Links to databases containing information (of any kind) about this particular compound - databases are grouped under the headings: Biochemistry; Chemical Online Order, Health, Misc, MSDS, Pesticides/Herbicides, Physical Properties, Regulations, Structures, Usage. Links to both the database homepage and "Information about this particular compound"
International Critical Tables of Numerical Data, Physics, Chemistry and Technology (1st Electronic Edition) originally published from 1926 - 1930 for the National Research Council in 7 volumes. It contains an enormous amount of critical data on inorganic and organic compounds, and pure substances
Knovel Critical Tables Physico-chemical properties for more than 13.000 inorganic and organic compunds. Special tables for 385 solvents
Smithsonian Physical Tables (9th Revised Edition). Originally published by Smithsonian Institution Press in 1954, this classic reference source comprises 901 tables of general interest to scientists and engineers, and of particular interest to those involved with physics in its larger sense
Gmelin handbook of inorganic chemistry / Gmelins Handbuch der anorganischen Chemie, 1936-1988. Most of the data contained in the printed Handbook (though not the full text) is available in the Crossfire system. These allow for powerful data-searching features not possible in the print, such as numeric-range searching for compounds with specific properties and searching by chemical structure
Landolt-Börnstein - Numerical Data and Functional Relationships in Science and Technology - Only older volumes are available at the Department of Chemistry Library: Gruppe I: Kernphysik und Kerntechnik - N.S., 1-12, 1961-1988 Gruppe II: Atom- und Molekularphysik - N.S., 1-17, 1965-1989 Gruppe III: Kristall- und Festkörperphysik - N.S., 1-27, 1966-1988 Gruppe IV: Makroskopische und technische Eigenschaften der Materie - N.S., 1- 4, 1974-1980 Gruppe V: Geophysik und Weltraumforschung - N.S., 1- 4, 1982-? Gruppe VI: Astronomie und Astrophysik und Weltraumforschung - N.S., 1- 2, 1965-1982
Use the Index to browse in tables of content and abstracts of more than 280 volumes or to browse indexes of organic and inorganic compounds
EPI Suite™ v. 4.00 is a Windows®-based suite of physical/chemical property and environmental fate estimation models and is intended for use in chemical screening, when experimental data often are not available.