Major reference works
Treatise on Geochemistry (2004) - covers any aspect of chemical processes in geology: 1: Meteorites, Comets, and Planets; 2: The Mantle and Core; 3: The Crust; 4:The Atmosphere; 5: Surface and Ground Water, Weathering, and Soils; 6: The Oceans and Marine Geochemistry; 7: Sediments, Diagenesis, and Sedimentary Rocks ; 8: Biogeochemistry; 9: Environmental Geochemistry
Encyclopedia of Atmospheric Sciences - 2002 | Encyclopedia of Ocean Sciences - 2001 | Encyclopedia of Soils in the Environment - 2004 | Encylopedia of Geology - 2005
- four companion reference works with extensive articles on almost every major topic in the physics and chemistry of the natural world.
Ullmann's Encyclopedia of industrial Chemistry - 7th. ed - 2006 - short and concise overview of existing knowledge about compounds, processes a.o.
Web-sites and search engines
ARS Pesticide Properties Database - US Department of Agriculture - Agricultural Research Service
- Choose a name from "Pesticide list"
- References to litterature may be decoded through CODEN-list
- Contains only physico-chemical data, degradation rates, adsorption coefficients a.o.
- No data concerning toxicicty, bioaccumulation a.o. <P>
- BIOLOG (Microbial Degradation/Toxicity File)
- CHEMFATE (a data value file containing 25 categories of environmental fate and physical/chemical property information on commercially important chemical compounds)
- BIODEG (experimental values relating to biodegradation subjects)
- BIODEG SUMMARY (summary evaluation and reliability codes for different test methods, as well as summaries for biodegradability under aerobic and anaerobic conditions)
Biocatalysis/Biodegradation Database - University of Minnesota: Microbial biocatalytic reactions and biodegradation pathways primarily for xenobiotic, chemical compounds.
A Handbook of Methods for the Analysis of Carbon Dioxide Parameters in Sea Water - Carbon Dioxide Information Analysis Center (CDIAC)
EPI Suite™ v. 4.00 is a Windows®-based suite of physical/chemical property and environmental fate estimation models and is intended for use in chemical screening, when experimental data often are not available.